Monday, March 7, 2011

back to sleeping in the car

for awhile, k refused to sleep in the car.  refused.  she would stay awake during entire 8 hour trips to denver.  i've already talked about how she sleeps in the car now and how we go for drives at night to "put her to bed"  today i'm going to talk about how it actually goes down... because it's slightly interesting to me.

the funny thing is, k fights the sleep like crazy (just like her mom) but finally the sleepiness takes over (just like her dad).  she sings silly songs at the top of her lungs, she cries and whines like a new baby, she screams and makes noises that threaten throwing up, she all around carries on.  and on.

i've learned to embrace the carrying on.  in fact, i kind of look forward to the whining because i know that the sweet relief of sleep is coming my way.  not a minute after the crazy high volume displays from the backseat are going on - i turn around and she is slumped over, snoring, fast asleep. 

ahhhh.

2 comments:

pam said...

So perfectly described. Makes me laugh, but I can also feel the frustration leading up to the relief.

Ben and Shara said...

why is sleep so hard to find? I'm dealing with a sleep issue with "E" She now knows how to get out of the crib and I'm constantly trying to put her back in. I need more patience. . . . uuuggh