Friday, January 28, 2011

don't touch the stove!

yep. It happened.  k touched the stove and i felt horrible.

k had slid one of the chairs over to "help" me fix eggs. the whole time i was cooking those eggs, over and over again I reminded her "don't touch that, it's hot, don't touch."  so, i turn off the burner, slide the eggs off onto a plate, and turn my head to see my little k's index finger make contact with the bare burner.  oh my goodness.

i scooped her up and threw her finger under the cold running water at the sink.  she was, of course, sobbing and a bit inconsolable.  but after a few minutes, she was calm enough that she let me hold her on the couch.  we curled up with the lion king and i kept rubbing fresh aloe on the tip of her poor finger. after a few minutes of that, i soaked a tea bag in cold water and made a compress out of it for her finger.

for the next couple of days, she reminded me that her finger still hurt and liked showing off her blister. then, just last night, she showed me her finger and asked where her bubble went :)

poor girl! we really are growing up :)

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for Kate - that is such a hard lesson!