Wednesday, February 23, 2011

good morning sunshine

what's the best part of my day?

it's when my girls wake up.  it's slightly the worst part of my day at the same time because it means i have to wake up, too.  but selfishness aside...

the best part is when k sneaks into my room and starts to climb up into bed with me.  i can almost always hear her when she's just a couple of feet from my bed.  i can hear her literal pitter-patters as she nears my bed.  she grips the blankets, puts her foot on the bed frame, and hoists herself up over me.  i love those first few snuggles of the day.  she is pleasant and well-rested and happy to greet the day.

the best part is when i hear baby b's coos coming from the baby monitor.  i sneak into the dark room (thank goodness for blackout curtains!) and peek over the side of the crib.  the instant she locks eyes with me, there is a twinkle in her big blues and a huge grin grows across her face.  her big blues change into the half-moon eyes i see in my own reflection.  she gets so excited, flailing her limbs and kicking herself free of the blanket she's tied up in.  if only she could speak and tell me just what she's thinking.

those are the best parts of my day.

No comments: