Wednesday, February 9, 2011

happy birthday

miss k had a birthday.  her third, if we're counting.

we had family and a few friends over for a pink party.  it was so much fun to plan and put together.  we had pink treats (because i really couldn't get inspired to serve pink foods) and pink cake and cupcakes.  it was so fun watching k anticipate her birthday.  every day for a couple of weeks she would ask, "is it almost my birthday?"  it was definitely the first time the concept started making sense for her.  now if we can just learn the concept of how long a year is :)  that would really help with christmas, too.

now for the obligatory waxing deep in thought...  i know, we all say it.  but i really can't believe it!  how did we, first of all, have a baby?  and now, how did we get here?  how do we have a three year old?  where did those three years go?  maybe having a new baby in the family will bring on some of these thoughts.  because, really, it seems like we had k, she was born in the hospital, they let us put her in our car, they let us take her home.  i still remember how i felt in that moment.  where did the time go between those first weeks and months to the last few weeks and months?  it is bizarre.  but, here we are.  with a three year old.  who teaches me, entertains me, loves me, tries me, makes me cry, makes me laugh, makes me scream!, makes me a mother.  she is my greatest gift.  look at that, giving gifts on her birthday...

1 comment:

pamc_5@yahoo.com said...

I love your contemplative thoughts on the wonder of motherhood. It is such a mystery sometimes.